Food  Drink & Cooking Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A Date with Kurkure



Was attracted to this lovely girl with dainty tresses and milky, soft skin. I befriended her and we hit it on well together. I came to know that she is in my college but was specializing in PCM while yours truly was stuck in zoology. Soon, we would go home together and I felt myself getting mesmerized by her presence. I wanted to ask her out for a date. When I did ask her out of blue by mustering some courage, she said that she dint fancy candle-light dinners and such other frills. All she wanted was lots of chatting and a simple, healthy snack for company. In other words, she was more interested in talking with me and munching something healthy. Kurkure!! (I said in my mind)...akin to 'Eureka!!' which occured in Archimedes' mind just before he discovered Archimedes Principle.

The next day, I went to meet her and madam had an idea ready. "Let's go for a walk by the sea shore." And before I could say the name of my favorite snack, she had her answer ready 'How about Kurkure?" Well, then I took a packet of Mumbai Chatpata, (just right for the occasion because it was her favorite flavor) and took a stroll with her. As we walked along the shore, with the waves lapping at our feet, we talked on various topics.

She tasted some of Kurkure and said in her usual chirpy voice, "Hmmm.whoever said Kurkure has plastic is mad" "And why do you say so?" I asked. She said, "Well, I heard this in some of the chain mails. Isn't it rubbish? See, Kurkure has all home made ingredients, and due to the presence of corn-starch and 30 percent rice bran oil content, it will burn like plastic..But Kurkure isnt plastic" she said stressing the last sentence. I found that I had found another Kurkure loyalist. I told her that I write online about 'no plastic in Kurkure'...she smiled and added her two cents, "That is interesting. May the force be with you. "

We had a great date and we talked about a lot of other things which I shouldn't tell cause we are talking about Kurkure only in this blog(lol). Thanks to Kurkure, we came to know that we share a lot in common.




1 comments:

Asha said...

This is a nice story, very well-written I must say. The Kurkure plastic rumour is also brought in light in a very pleasant manner.

Post a Comment

 
Free Host | lasik surgery new york